home aboutme shopjewelry shopbeads bloglove contact

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Foster Dog Needs a Name!

I picked up Foster Dog #3 today after work and he is absolutely precious!



For those of you that don't know me - I am currently on Foster Dog #3 with the Grateful Golden Rescue of the Low Country. The story behind why I am doing this (besides just being an animal lover) is I started volunteering for the Charleston Animal Society about 4 years ago when I first moved to Charleston and I am now obsessed with spending time with shelter dogs. I take pictures of the adoptable dogs at CAS for their website and volunteer for probably 85% of their events. What dog lover wouldn't want to go to PetFest and show off adoptable puppies while checking out all the other happy dogs that already have wonderful homes? AND this is how I met my precious Madigan.

Maddie was found tied up in a plastic bag with two puppies on the side of the road. Literally tied up and on the side of the road. Who does that? Hard to believe but it happens ALL the time. They weren't sure if the pups were hers or not but if they were she was entirely too young to have had them. All survived and were adopted out. Maddie was 9 lbs when they found her and lived in a foster home until she doubled her weight. She had mange and was in terrible shape (see picture). She was definitely only cute to me and my roomie. I am so very thankful that CAS took her in and that someone had the patience to foster such a sweet but very neurotic dog and therefore I am now a foster.

My first foster dog was Mr Coco which I had for over 3 months because he had a tumor removed while under my care. I fell in love and still can't believe I was able to adopt him out. As much as I loved Coco I knew I wouldn't be able to foster any others if I kept him. So off he went to a wonderful home on James Island with a huge backyard and goes to work with his dad every day.




Foster Dog #2 was Jonah. Now precious Jonah was a handful. He was super cute and about as sweet as they come but boy he sure did have energy. I only had Jonah for about 2 weeks and had to find a new foster home for him. Not only did he have lots of energy but he was super skittish. I have worked very hard at socializing Maddie and it took only a couple days for her to revert back to her old ways while around Jonah. He now lives on IOP and has two dogs to play with! Oh yeah - as you can see he was definitely a golden mix!

So now Foster Dog #3 needs a name....any ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spill it....
I always love hearing from my peeps!