home aboutme shopjewelry shopbeads bloglove contact

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh what a day...

1...I found something great at one of my favorite local antique stores, that I will use to make my new desk. The pictures really don't do it justice - especially since I don't have a great camera. It's a large wooden screen which will be the platform for my desk. A friend is going to attach some legs for me and ta da! Well - not exactly. I want to paint it and add a piece of glass to the top so that it is level. Anyway, it just has so much character and I am very excited about it!

You can see Charlie's precious little nose there to the left. :)

This is what it will look like as my working space. Glass will be added, of course

I love the little hinge there - hopefully I won't have to remove it.

Once the legs are added I will post another picture. Then I will be busy sanding and painting and finding a piece of glass. Will send updated pictures as I go!

2...I took the dogs on a nice walk
after work. I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see Charlie doing so much better! I still can't walk him too far b/c he might have a relapse of pneumonia but he sure does love his short walks! I also cheat a little and let him run around and play in the backyard with Maddie. I have to say I think this might be the toughest one to let go. He and Maddie really have
become
best friends and seem to be the perfect match. As you can see - he loves his Maddie Moo!

3...Next up I repotted some of my plants. Ran out of soil so I am not done yet but had fun none-the-less. I can't wait to post some more pictures b/c I think this is the longest I have kept anything alive! And - I can't wait to learn to cook with my new herbs. Another small project I am going to work on next is some cute little labels like these that I found on Etsy.












Wonder what tomorrow has in store....
Good night!

4 comments:

  1. Um...LOVE the screen. So beautiful!! And Charlie is so cute. I love the 2nd picture snuggled up with Maddie Moo. Very sweet! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one busy lady. i can't wait to see how your desk turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such creative vision... I can't wait to see the transformation! Be sure to share the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those labels are so adorable!!

    im so sorry about your foster dog :(

    ReplyDelete

Spill it....
I always love hearing from my peeps!