home aboutme shopjewelry shopbeads bloglove contact

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

lowcountry food bank - volunteer work

My team at work volunteered together at the Lowcountry Food Bank two weeks ago. We bagged 2390 pounds of sweet potatoes into 5 pound bags for their Saturday program, where families are able to pick up boxes of healthy food. This was the first time I had volunteered for them and definitely plan to work with them again. Other than the fact that it was extremely hot in the warehouse - it was tons of fun!






Yep yep, that is me above. I am sure I was complaining to Mr Cal about how hot it was. Like he hadn't already noticed. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow... soooo many potatoes! I am sure there are tons of people who are very grateful you put up with the heat to help out! Very awesome of you to do!

    ReplyDelete

Spill it....
I always love hearing from my peeps!